Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant log into safe mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ReX

ReX

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:46 AM

hi, my computer seems to be infected with a virus and i have discovered that it was a malware virus, i found the appropriate removal guide but there is another issue. my computer wont log in, as soon as it logs in it instantly logs back out again. i read on the forum to try loggin in with safe mode using using command prompt but it wont log into that either so now i am stuck with an infected computer that i cant log into. i thought there might be a corrupted or missing file so i tried repairing windows but that didn't change anythin.
i was wonderin if anyone could tell me what i need to do to log into windows so i could remove the virus or if i could remove it through ms-dos (i am assumin thats impossible, for amatuers like me atleast)
what can i do any help will be much appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:38 AM

Hi ReX,

Sorry for your troubles. Do you know which virus it was, as any information like this would help. Also, are you getting any error messages in the boot up sequence? What operating system are you using?

To begin with, you will need to boot up from your operating system cd or from a boot cd. Your BIOS should be set to boot first from cd and if you have your cd in the drawer, it will ask you to hit any key to boot from cd. If the bios is not set to boot up first from cd, interrupt your bootup sequence with the appropriate key (could be the del key but it will tell you at the bottom of your screen) to get to the bios and change the bootup sequence so your computer will boot up first from cd. You may also be given the option to hit a key (might be the F2 key) during the booting sequence which will put you into a boot menu where you can simply choose the cd as the means for booting up the computer.

See if you can get into the computer this way.

Try that to begin with and let me know if you can get beyond this loop problem.

Zllio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users