Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ZlobIsFun

ZlobIsFun

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:42 PM

Well, my friend's computer's drivers are outdated(Well, someone said. It's most likely true.) . I've been looking for a while, but I don't know how to check what drivers he has right now, and I don't know how to find the newest drivers for this graphics card.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:53 PM

The topic of the post indicates you are dealing with onboard video.
Go to the computer manufacturers web site & download the newest drivers for the model of the unit.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 ZlobIsFun

ZlobIsFun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:54 PM

I did go to the manufacturer's website, I looked up the model and found no drivers.

#4 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:46 PM

What brand & model is it ?
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#5 Platypus

Platypus

• 12,859 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:57 AM

"Outdated" in this context usually just means "old" - with an "old" chipset like the 845 you are likely to have old drivers.

The last driver release from Intel was Ver 14.10.3 dated 6/28/2005, which can be obtained from here:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Fi...x?ProductID=865

If you respond to FJB's query it should be possible to find out if the hardware manufacturer found any reason to issue updated drivers of their own. But many manufacturers just supplied or linked to the Intel drivers.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#6 ZlobIsFun

ZlobIsFun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:17 AM

Yes, well my friend decided to purchase a newer video card.

#7 Platypus

Platypus

• 12,859 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:46 AM

That is probably a good idea. Intel 845 graphics were "business class" - suitable for displaying general office & home software with modest graphics requirements.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users