Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Temperature shoots up after reset?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hqbreaker

hqbreaker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:44 PM

I use my notebook for many little things such as gaming, downloading and some research. I use everest home edition and fanspeed. My laptop was running about 37/37 and after I reset I notice the CPU went up to 54. Is this normal? I did shut down and let it rest for about 15-20 minutes and then turned it back on. The temperature went back down to 34/34. Oh, and I also notice the CPU temperature didn't change at all, even after 30 minutes of doing nothing. Does resetting make fanspeed/everest buggy?

Also, where are the sensors? Sometimes when its hot in my room, I tend take out the keyboard part and the base part (where you put in the hardware such as ram) and let the AC blow on it directly.

Edited by hqbreaker, 19 June 2009 - 09:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CalusBlade

CalusBlade

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:50 PM

I believe its normal. I think the same thing happens to my Laptop as well and my PC as well. Just let it rest for about 30 minutes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users