Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with uninstalling / installing anti-viruses

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rhino1366

rhino1366

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:22 PM

After removing KAV2009 - I saw 3 messages, about missing grpconv.exe (file / process).

After placing Avira Premium - I saw 2 messages about missing grpconv.exe (file / process).

Both anti-viruses worked properly... but, that error annoys me... :thumbsup:

What should I do? Thx..

P.S. In-proccess of installing KAV2009 - it was firstly spotted. Or, maybe after trying to fix KAV2009... Trojan.Win32.Agent.chwe - the ifection was that (during KAV).

rhino1366

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sidorak95

sidorak95

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:47 PM

grpconv.exe is a Windows Operating System tool. It is used to convert Windows 3.1 groups to folders when upgrading to Windows 95 or later. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated

Source

Sounds like you might have a virus, look at the ThreatExpert report.

If the process is genuine and it's missing, thats not good. You could try a repair of Windows. It could also be a virus trying to launch that file. The virus names in the ThreatExpert report sound similar to yours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users