Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Crashing - NO BSOD help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nukeleearr

nukeleearr

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 04 July 2005 - 01:09 AM

hey guys, first post here a friend told me to post on these forums saying they would fix my prob so here we go!!

ive had this comp for about 6 months, the first 5 months it worked fine but recently its been screwing up and keeps getting worst and worst.

First, when I boot the computer, sometimes it just doesnt boot. The fan turns on, the hdd spins but nothing happens. There is no loading beep, it takes me a few reboots for it to f inally work.

Then recently, i've been getting crashes. I can usually run fine for a few hours, then it crashes. No bsod, it just freezes or the screen turns blank. Then the same problem I listed above happens, if I try like 50x in a row, eventually it'll work and windows will start.(If I leave the comp off for a while, it will boot on first time although). Also if the comps been on a very long time, the monitor just starts doing some weird stuff. Turns pure black, flickers.. when its black ive had this weird bright white light come on at the center of the screen if that matters.

Some things ive tried to fix it:

format, blow fan on inside, re-seat cards and check connectors, all no luck

PLEASE HELP!! thanks :thumbsup:

incase it matters
512 ram
chaintech ct-skt600 mobo
amd 2400ghz
winXP

radeon 9600

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JackTheHaack

JackTheHaack

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 04 July 2005 - 02:21 AM

Hi nukeleearr & welcome to BC.

Hmmm....... this sounds like you have a ram problem. Have you tried taking out the ram and re-seating it or replacing it with a different stick ??

or it could be your processor's not seated properly - have you taken it out lately ?

Give the RAM a go first and post back with the result.

Cheers
JTH

#3 nukeleearr

nukeleearr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2005 - 01:36 PM

ok heres an update, I resat ram, ran memtest86, resat processor everything was fine.

I'm not getting any weird startup issues now, but im still getting random crashes with no blue screens. Also this is kind of weird, but when i just start up my computer and if I move my desk, the screen and everything goes messed up. It turns off, and some white light appears in the middle.

It can ran good, even when im gaming for like 6+ hours so I dont really know whats up.

thanks!

#4 gilmour

gilmour

• Banned
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2005 - 02:17 PM

Need to check yu video card reseat that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users