Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

system32 vs. system32

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 frustratedtad

frustratedtad

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 04 July 2005 - 12:33 AM

Hi all.....my first post. Likely not my last. I'm not very computer savvy, so bear with me. I'm trying to delete some unwanted junk that is in my system32 folder. I think most of this is bad, but I know some of the files are critical to running things right. How can I tell the difference? Date created? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2005 - 12:42 AM

I reccomend dont messing with your system 32, whatever junk in your system 32 folder is probably really small andcan be ignored.

#3 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 04 July 2005 - 04:25 PM

[B]do not touch or delete anything from that file that is needed by windows to make it run
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#4 gilmour

gilmour

• Banned
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:58 PM

if you want to get rid of junk use this cleaner

Clean Up

And even if you did delete anything out of your system32 folder it would reapear before you can say Windows...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users