Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ummm Desktop overheating?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CalusBlade

CalusBlade

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:39 AM

I use Everest and all I really did was install, update, download patch, defrag.

CPU - 55-59 C
Motherboard - 37-39 C
Hard drive - 36-38 C

If it helps I have a Gigabyte mother board and I believe the processor is athlon 1.8 Ghz. I did not overclock. Someone said that athlon tend to run hotter then other processors. The fans are working. I believe the processor is that golden thing. The room temperature is about 81. Is it too high? How do I cool it off. I use a external fan and blow inside.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mhr+

mhr+

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:49 PM

55-59 C is a bit over the top, but not too too hot. You can try adding additional fans to your case to help airflow. Are you sure the external fan isn't blowing hot air back into the system?

Keep in mind that these temperatures are not always exact, and can be off by a few degrees.

All the other temperatures don't seem too bad.

-mp

#3 CalusBlade

CalusBlade
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:12 PM

Yes I sure its not blowing hot hair back in, I open the side part and use the fan to blow in. It gives more room for hot air to come out the computer but also more dust, thats why I clean it alot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users