Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with Disk Mangament

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jasonb20

Jasonb20

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:36 AM

I recently had to reinstall my windows OS. I think I made some mistakes when I formatted the drives. My WDC WD800JB-00FMAO 80 GB drive is listed as volume D and also as the boot drive. My Seagate ST320011A 20 GB drive is also on the same disk and running as the system. Isn't this backwards? I accidentally set it this way upon reinstalling the OS. Also, volume C's capacity is 8MB. How do I fix that also?
I've heard that all your programs should be installed on the 'C' drive and all music, pictures, movies, downloads, and backups should be located on the 'D' drive. Is that correct? Is there anyway to repair these issues w/o reinstalling windows, again?
SCREEN SHOT BELOW
Posted Image

Edited by Jasonb20, 19 June 2009 - 11:49 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:20 PM

Probably not :thumbsup:.

But...you could try merging the C: and D: drives together, after all other drives are temporarily disconnected.

To do this merge of partitions, I would suggest the Home Edition of the following: EASEUS Partition Master is a magic partition manager software for Windows 2000-XP-Vista-2003- - http://www.partition-tool.com/

After the attempted merge of partitions, you should have a C: that incorporates what is now D:, the system will reboot when the operation is complete.

If everything works correctly then...you can reconnect your other drives.

That's what I would try.

Louis

Edit: According to Disk Management, the 80GB hard drive contains Windows...not the 20GB Seagate drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users