Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

watermarking photos

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hoodsystems

hoodsystems

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:07 AM

Does anyone have an opinion on the best (preferably free) option for watermarking photos? I run a cleaning service business and utilize before and after photos of my work. My website and YouTube videos are cluttered with unmarked images. Image lifting is rampant in my industry.

Do I have something on my PC already that will do this? I'm running Windows XP Professional

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:56 PM

What program do you use to edit your photos? You'll need some sort of editing software to place a permanent watermark on the photo.

This can be easily done in Photoshop if you have that (not a free program, however).

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:46 AM

A couple I've used before are Picture-shark, and Photo Watermark.
For ease of use, I preferred Picture-shark.

Both are Freeware.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2009 - 11:08 AM

A couple I've used before are Picture-shark, and Photo Watermark.
For ease of use, I preferred Picture-shark.

Both are Freeware.

Great links, tg1911. Softpedia has always been a great freeware and shareware resource. :thumbsup:

#5 hoodsystems

hoodsystems
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:01 AM

Sorry for the late response. I was out of town. Iwill give the links mentioned above a try. Thank you. :thumbsup:

#6 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 28 June 2009 - 12:06 PM

You can always watermark them in GIMP or photoshop. You've just got to get stuff to stick on top of it, and then you can adjust opacity to how you like it while still being able to see the image.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#7 hoodsystems

hoodsystems
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:55 PM

I've tried downloading Picture shark Photo Watermark & GIMP. Some appear not to be downloading while others look like they download (I get the pop up window showing progress) but I'll be darned if I can find any trace of it. I am running Webroot Anti Virus and I assume the MS Firewall is up too. I do not like dropping protection to let things in. Is this what's wrong or am I missing something?

#8 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:52 PM

What browser are you using?
What is the default place for downloaded files to be saved to?

Whoops, just noticed how old this thread it o.O

Edited by xblindx, 29 November 2009 - 06:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users