Try downloading the installation program
for either Antivir
to a cd or flash drive
using a clean computer and then disconnect
your own computer from the internet and install
whichever one you chose. (Do NOT
download both. They're both good, but you only need one.)
Do the same with Malware Bytes
. I'll give you the instructions here. Download both installation programs from the clean computer and then take them to the infected computer with your external medium.1)
The following antivirus programs
are free, light-weight and effective.
Using a clean computer download the installation program for one of the following.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your cd or flashdrive.
See if it is possible to get the updates as a separate file which you can add before you run the program.
After downloading the above from the clean computer
, return to your own and disconnect it from the internet.
Install whichever antivirus program you chose to download. The allow it to do a complete system scan.4)
If the scan finds anything, copy-paste the results of the scan into your next reply.
Install and run MalwareBytes
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
- On the Scanner tab:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
- Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Post any logs or reports
Avast or Avira
Let me know how this went?