Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird keyboard problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 vegassounder

vegassounder

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:35 AM

Standard 101 keyboard works fine on my system running XP Pro.
Upgraded my daughters system to XP Pro and her Keyboard failed.
Connected my known good keyboard with same result.
Device manager reports everything OK
Boot to setup and keyboard responds OK for about 10 seconds and then very very very slowly.
Removed CMOS Battery and replaced with no change.
Loaded setup defaults but no change
Booted to safe mode, deleted keyboard in device manager and re-booted with no change.
Swapped out the XP HD with a HD running Win 98se, loaded setup defaults, and got it to work.
Replaced with XP HD and same problem rears its ugly head, but this time the keyboard works but with a very long delay. Type a four letter word and after 20 seconds the first letter appears, another 20 seconds and the next and so on.
Has anyone out there experienced this problem and, if so, what was the cure you found.
Thanks in advance for you advice.
Chuck

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users