Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WinXp Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SkratRadder

SkratRadder

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:45 PM

i just used a winxp upgrade disk to format and reinstall windows on my cousin's computer. Once installed it was working perfectly, however once i updated to sp2 the usb drivers are not working, either is the ps2. i haven't tested anything else due to not being able to navigate through the system. It is working to the lcd tv through the vga. Upon first doing the upgrade the video drivers were all gone. The desktop is an enpower sparx vii. i found a website to get the drivers off of, but any ideas on how i'd be able to run it? I have puppy linux that would probably work for navigation, but i wouldnt know how to install drivers across the os's. would remote desktop work somehow? It stops working up to the time you hit the desktop. Thank you
B. Rake

Edited by SkratRadder, 18 June 2009 - 11:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SkratRadder

SkratRadder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2009 - 06:42 PM

Maybe there have been no replies because this is a difficult thing to figure out, due to not being able to navigate any part of the system. I was able to enter the ps/2 into the bios, so i now have keyboard and mouse. the LAN is still working as well. I downloaded something called "driver detective" and it has identified the desktop as a msi ms-7211. Now it's looking for the product line, which i'm researching now, but am having trouble finding what i'm looking for. When i plug in the wireless keyboard/mouse thing the lights flash really quickly and dimly then are gone. It will power my external hd, but will not receive any information from it. The driver detective program has identified both the motherboard and the machine model as ms-7211. Is this correct for the machine model? or would that just be the only info it would be able to find? Thanks for any help.
B. Rake

by the way this has a
p4 3.06 with 2gb ram

and the device manager says under computer
acpi multiprocessor pc

and there are two p4 processors listed under processors, so i'm unsure if it's dual or not, like i said it's not mine. Thanks again

Edited by SkratRadder, 21 June 2009 - 07:19 PM.

#3 SkratRadder

SkratRadder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2009 - 07:23 PM

actually, nevermind. I got it working again. Thanks for your time anyway.
B. Rake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users