It has been a while since I've posted to this amazing community. If anyone has any suggestions regarding my problem, I would greatly appreciate some help (hoping not to take my comp to the shop :s ).
Here's the deal:
- I run XP on my 3 month year old home-build pc.
- Everything was running fine last night. I shut it down before I went to bed.
- Today I went back on and it booted but froze at my desktop. I could not right click, ctrl alt del, open the start menu, access icons, etc.
- I rebooted a few times but nothing fixed the problem.
- I rebooted in safe mode, seems to be okay...
- Now whenever I reboot I get the following error: "One of the files containing the system's registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy. the recovery was successful."
- After about 30 seconds of seeing this error, the computer reboots itself-- rinse, wash, repeat.
Registry errors scare the living bejesus out of me... so, any thoughts before I send this badboy into the shop?