Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NVIDIA Driver problems in Vista

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cap2587

cap2587

• Members
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:09 PM

A friend of mine is getting BSOD when Multitasking for example b/w Itunes, Firefox, and typing a word Doc. She has a 32bit Vista Dell PC. The problems and solutions always says NVIDIA driver problem. She has the NVIDIA Ge Force 6150SE n Force 430

Should we choose to update driver and have it search the Internet and detect the right driver and install it. Should we find the driver, uninstall the current driver and then reinstall the latest driver. What is the best way to find out the most current driver for the 6150 SE, Nforce 430.

What do you think? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:33 AM

Hi, I would download the latest driver from Nvidia http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista...86.18_whql.html
Once downloaded uninstall the old driver and reboot, then install the new driver.
MCP
MSDST

#3 cap2587

cap2587
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:17 AM

Thanks for the link on the Compatible NVIDIA Driver. I have a couple of Minidump files from the last BSOD. Can someone read these and tell me if the problem is related to the Video Card Driver. Thanks

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users