Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista installation stalls at copying files

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Nave2009

Nave2009

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:44 PM

Hi all,

I am installing windows vista ultimate and it stalls the copying files stage.

To elaborate, I get a green tick at copying windows files, expanding files, installing features, installing updates. It then restarts, and a black screen comes up which says please wait while windows sets up your computer.

So all is well so far.

Then it goes to a screen saying that's all the information we need right now. You computer will restart several times during installation. Then the list from earlier comes up. At the top of the list this time it says copying files (not copying windows files as earlier) with three dots afterwards. Underneath it says expanding vista files, installing vista features, installing vista updates (with green ticks) and completing vista installation (without a green tick). After a certain time the screen freezes, and the computer shows that it is no longer doing anything.

The computer is an acer l320.

I hope I have explained the situation sufficiently.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users