Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I burn two copies of My Documents on one DVD?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 333nnn

333nnn

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:06 PM

I want to make two copies of the My Documents folder onto a single dvd with Nero 7. My My Documents folder is about 1.9 Gigs. I need to rename the folder for the second burning for my computer to recognize the second copy from what I understand. If I just burn the folder twice without renaming only one copy is shown on the dvd under My Computer, and the pop-up window shows that only 1.9 Gigs are on the dvd when I hold the mouse arrow over my burner drive. In Nero 7 when I select what to copy the filename defaults to the names of the folders I have selected to copy. When I give the file a different name in the box I get a message saying that that canít be done. How do I rename the folder and make a second copy that my computer will recognize? Thanks for any replies.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,693 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:14 PM

Copy the contents of My Documents to another folder on the hard drive, then burn both folders to the DVD?

But I'm having difficulty seeing the purpose of having the same information placed on the DVD twice. If it's for backup, the duplicate should be on another DVD stored in another place. If the local DVD is lost, stolen, gets damaged or goes faulty, having the data on it twice is no help.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users