Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dell latitude d810: internal harddisk drive not found

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 duckyreads

duckyreads

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:06 PM

Hallo! I'm posting for a very frustrated friend without internet; she called because at the airport, her computer (A dell latitude d810 ) made a weird noise physically (like a whirry clicky unhappy noise) and while loading made two 'beepbeep noises'.... and then failed to properly boot.

She runs Windows XP (though I don't know what service pack) normally, and hadn't made any hardware or O/S changes, but the error shows as follows:

internal harddisk drive not found internal hdd hard error!
strike f1 key to continue, f2 to run the setup utility

She says the fan's not starting up - nothing's working. She went into the BIOS interface (which I admit is a bit over my head) and was soon after telling me about another error message --

no bootable device strike f1 to restart f2 to go to setup

She's assuming this is a physical problem, but isn't sure what to do. Can anyone help? Thank you for your time and patience, and sorry for the lack of much information.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:11 PM

Your friend probably needs to start with this webpage, http://support.ap.dell.com/support/edocs/s..._ug/trouble.htm

Louis

#3 duckyreads

duckyreads
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:15 PM

All right -- I'll phone her and walk her through it, once I've opened it? (She can't access the internet with her dead computer, and her other computer is a newly made hackbook that we hadn't gotten around to setting up the wifi to work properly, so she is for all intents and purposes stripped of internet at the moment.)

Thanks for the link!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users