Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video settings

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wasteomana

wasteomana

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:09 PM

I am using an Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT with 2 monitors. For some reason new videos that I put onto the computer and any sort of games cause video errors that I don't quite understand. I have run virus / spyware scans and they all come up clean (other than a problem with google misdirects that should be fixed shortly) but I don't think it has to do with a virus or spyware. Any old video on my computer (I have several older movies downloaded) will be perfectly fine, however new things and games (like World of Warcraft) are really choppy, sometimes to the point where they freeze up. I installed new drivers and all that jazz, but I do not know what the next step should be.

I tried to find a way to call Nvidia, but that requires for me to know what the manufacturer is, and honestly I don't know how to look it up.

Any help or ideas? Sorry for being so clueless.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users