Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Login Script can't be accessed through GPO editor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dubbled

dubbled

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:17 AM

I have a box in a test environment running Windows Server 2003 R2. It's setup as a new domain with AD, dhcp, DNS, etc. The whole shebang. Everything was running along just fine with it. Then the IP for the server was changed and since then I cant access any login scripts through the GPO editor for the various groups we setup. Now an error comes back saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." Also the client PC connecting to the server in the test environment will get to applying personal settings and sit there forever.

In the system event log there is an event ID 40960 category SPENGO (negotiator) "The security system detected an authentication error for the server. "there are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request. This is followed by a event id 3019 "The redirector failed to determine the connection type"

Seems apparent to me that changing the servers IP screwed up something important but I'm afraid my knowledge isn't up to par. Any help would be appreciated. My only other option is to blow everything away and start over which would be bad.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dubbled

dubbled
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2009 - 03:23 PM

Nevermind...couldnt wait for response.

#3 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• BC Advisor
  • 2,125 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:16 PM

Changing the servers IP address will not hurt it in the least but not updating the DNS server address that it will use to find out "where it is" in relationship to itself, will cause the problems you stated.

Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users