Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Broadcasting Music Software ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alcastive

alcastive

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:37 AM

Hello ppl,

I would like to know how can i broadcast music from my PC to the internet, i already tried shoutcast app, and pirate radio but it didn't work because i don't have a static IP, i guess can anyone guide me or help me with a good working application??

Thanks in advance.

Edited by alcastive, 18 June 2009 - 08:38 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:50 PM

This is free and fairly easy to set up.

You'll need a few programs:

Winamp
SHOUTcast plugin
SimpleServer

And something to help get around no static IP:

DynamicDNS

I assume since you said you worked with SHOUTcast but couldn't get it to work perhaps just the SimpleServer and DynamicDNS might be all you need. The only drawback is there is no interface to change the music playing or playing a music list. You have to do that sitting at the computer running the software. There are programs/services that will allow you or others to control what is being played...just do a google search. :flowers:

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 Multi-Destiny

Multi-Destiny

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:34 AM

Here's one of those search results CaveDweller was talking about; I've been interested in IRadio for a verrrry long time, and had this in my bookmarks for ages...Hope it helps :thumbsup: !

http://internet.software.informer.com/down...et-radio-stream

Edited by Multi-Destiny, 09 July 2009 - 11:35 AM.

SPECS:
Model: Compaq Presario SR1732IL x86-based
CPU: 256 MB RAM Pentium 4
ATI Radeon Xpress 200 graphics card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users