Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows will not open

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 soulmedicine

soulmedicine

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:01 AM

I have window xp professional. I cant get my windows to open up. Prior to this i upgraded explorer and during the restart this happen. I turned it off and its still will not allow me in. It boots up and get to the welcome screen and says new user. when u click new user it logs on and give u a blue screen with none of my desktop icons then it logs off and bring u right back to new user. I dont have a windows xp cd. A buddy created a recovery consule cd. I used that and tried it but when u go in the boot options it didnt give me any option to boot from cd. It only had two options windows xp professional written twice. The recovery consule he created was for home xp. Also i tried safe mode still the same and i tried last good config and nothing happens. Thanks for your help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 soulmedicine

soulmedicine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:17 AM

I noticed a post that is similar to my issue a few post back. Can i try that solution?

#3 soulmedicine

soulmedicine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:07 AM

I tried the info from the post I cant login to windows and i get thru everything but when it reboots its still the samething. Its comes up to new user and when u click its says loggin on then it says loggin off. please help me thanks

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:22 AM

Do you have a Microsoft XP CD, complete with Recovery Console?

Louis

#5 soulmedicine

soulmedicine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:01 PM

i have the one i created by following a post that was just like mine. I got to the recovery and did: D:
cd i386
copy userinit.exe c:\windows\system32
exit
it said 1 file copied but when it reboot it still had the same problem.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:43 PM

Can you run chkdsk C: /r command from that disk?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users