Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange cursor image - White Box

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Trakeen

Trakeen

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:44 AM

I'm using 2 nvidia geforce 8200 cards (1 AGP and 1 PCI). I'm attempting to run three monitors atm, and the displays seem to work fine. I do have two small problems though:

1. Any monitor plugged into the AGP card gets a screwy cursor. Its a large white box that almost looks like there's confetti inside. So if I have 2 plugged into the PCI card I get 2 perfect cursors, while the third will have the large white square cursor.

2. The system seems a little unstable with the current setup. Some display changes have caused the system to blue screen, and when that happens windows shows the loading screen, freezes, and then you have to power down / power on to get back into windows.

While #2 does seem like the most important problem, right now I'm more concerned about the cursor issue. I'm guessing the issue with stability may be fixed by adjusting the BIOS settings. Right now the initial display device is the PCI card. Once it starts boot up the computer switches to AGP and does not turn the PCI back on until after windows fully boots.

This is all work for a customer, and I'm not currently in front of the machine, but any suggestions would be appreciated and I'll post the feedback once I have a chance to test the ideas.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trakeen

Trakeen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:27 AM

Correction - the 2 cards are nvidia geforce 6200

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users