Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP Pro CD burner problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 juss

juss

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:38 PM

okay, so i am trying to burn CDs on an HP laptop with windows XP professional on it. The CD burner has functioned fine since we got it and that was like two years ago.

out of nowhere here recently, i will put in a blank CD and burn using Windows Media Player. it will look and act like it is burning and goes through the process without any errors. but when i take the CD out and try to play it, it won't play. i've tried different brands of discs as well as different mp3 files.

it won't not only refuse to play on ANY CD player but when i put it in the computer the computer doesn't even recognize the files on the disc.

any help with this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:21 PM

I don't use WMP to burn disks but it sounds like the burn lens in the cd drive has failed & WMP doesn't give a burn failed message.

Download DeepBurner,

http://download.cnet.com/DeepBurner-Free/3...4-10250994.html

Install it & use it to burn a disk.
If the disk doesn't work I would say the burner has failed.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 juss

juss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:05 AM

it DID work. hm, musta just been a problem with windows media player then!

#4 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:17 AM

I've read a lot on other forums from people with the same issue but no solution.

I could be wat off but I think it has to do with MS's "DRM" [Digital Rights Management]
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users