Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help to me to uninstall these games

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 dinesh4260

dinesh4260

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:37 PM

guys...iam dinesh and iam using windows xp and i had installed some games like

1.juiced - i installed it by opening ms dos batch file.and the game has been installed and iam able to play this game but my problem there is no uninstallation file and it does not appear in add or remove programs.

2.call of duty2 - i insatlled it using the ms dos file unpak and iam able to play the game..and there is unistall folder but nothing inside it.and it does not appear in add or remove programs.

3.project igi 2 - i installed the game using self extraction file and game has been installed and it also does not appear in add or remove programs.

4.ninja turtles - this game also does not have uninstallation file and also does not appear in add or remove programs.

guys somebody help me to remove these games completely....or tell me some some softwares which would be useful i uninstallation.
HELPING OTHERS IS A GREAT JOB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tyler Sweet

Tyler Sweet

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2009 - 12:24 AM

You might see if Revo Uninstaller can see them and delete them. It'll also check for leftover files and registry items.
Best of yet, it's free. http://www.revouninstaller.com/

#3 CalusBlade

CalusBlade

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2009 - 03:08 PM

you could also try CCleaner. As long as you installed it, CCleaner will uninstall it.

#4 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:59 PM

hi guys thanks for your replies................i tried both revo uninstaller and ccleaner..........but both are not detecting those games...but ican play the game........ :thumbsup: :flowers:

please give me some other ideas...........

#5 CalusBlade

CalusBlade

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:24 PM

not sure if this program still exist but google cleansweeper. I had a old chinese game that didn't wanna uninstall ether and I used this. I donno if this program is still good nor if the company is still there. So be very cautious when install and using it. Have you tried just going into the folder and deleting it? I know there are some games that don't install, you can just play it, kinda like emulators and roms.

#6 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:54 PM

thanks CalusBlade for your reply but iam not able to find cleansweeper software..........and if i delte those games manually then some of the registry may be there still in pc.

so i want the game completely deleted from my computer.

or suggest me how to find registry of those games or any software to complately delete a folder.please any other ideas please tell me............i want to get rid of these of games

#7 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:06 AM

The problem is that you installed them in DOS, not in Windows. You have to uninstal or delete them from DOS. The tools everyone above have mentioned are for Windows, not DOS.

Just delete the Dos files and be done with it.

#8 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:55 PM

thanks DeathStalker for your reply..............i think you are correct...........but how to remove them from dos........do you mean to say that just delete the game folder..........please reply me iwant it to be completely removed from my pc.

#9 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:14 PM

I'm sorry Dinesh. I forgot about this thread.

To abnswer your question, I don't remember lol. I have not used DOS in ages. I did find this though:

DOS doesn't care one little bit about software that is 'installed'. You can delete files and folders in 'DOS mode' (aka at the command prompt) till you're blue in the face. But, uninstall needs to be run through Windows to remove entries in the registry. And, if you delete the files before you've run the uninstaller, it will often fail because it can't find the files that it needs to delete. Or, worse yet, you've deleted the uninstaller itself.

And This:

With the advent of Windows 2000 DOS ceased to exist! Every subsequent version of Windows has not been a DOS application or actually supported DOS Commands from the CLI that is built into ever version of Windows.

So if you wish to remove something from a Windows 3, 3.11 For Workgroups, 95, 98 or 98SE you can use DOS commands to remove programs but if you are attempting to remove programs from anything newer there is nothing available from DOS that can help you.

However if you are using the CLI in Windows NT, 2000, XP or Vista you can use the Basic Unix Commands to achieve this though it will be slow and messy to implement. You could also possibly write a Batch File to destroy every one of these programs on the entire network but you would have to know exactly what it was you where programming as the possibility of doing much more harm than good is always present.

And this: You need to look in the registry (try HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ Uninstall) and look for the command string for that program to install it with.

You could also look here.

Hope this helps and again, sorry for the delay.

#10 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:27 AM

hi DeathStalker thanks for your reply.......but iam not getting what you are trying to say...because i dont know that much about computers........

so please give some tools to delete these games from dos.....or give me commands to delete these games......

do you want any more details about my computer...just ask me....please explain more so that i can understand...and iam using windows xp....professional edition....

sorry for late reply.........

Edited by dinesh4260, 16 July 2009 - 03:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users