Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop want start

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 computerhelp26

computerhelp26

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:26 PM

hello,
i Have an Hp Pavillion dv6436nr laptop computer my some keys on my keyboard died so i got a replacement keyboard. However now that i have installed new keyboard my computer will not turn on. It worked fine before i replaced the laptop. Any ideas why it will not turn on now. when i plug the ac adapter in it glows on the side lwhere i plug it in like its getting power however on the front it doesnt show its charging the battery. I checked all wires around the area i worked nothing is loose. could the battery be bad now just by chance or could it be something else any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,701 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:32 PM

does it do anything when you press the power button? If so, what exactly does it do? The more detail, the more likely we will be able to find an answer

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 computerhelp26

computerhelp26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:40 PM

No if you hit the power button nothing happens at all no sounds no power.

#4 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,701 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:51 PM

I'm not entirely familiar with the "anatomy" of HP laptops. (I'm a dell guy myself :thumbsup:). But I would have to say that something was knocked loose/out of place when you changed the keyboard. You apparently aren't "actually" turning the computer on. . . perhaps the button is out of alignment? I would retrace your steps through replacing the keyboard and check for things like that.

The battery probably isn't the issue. . . because you would still be able to power on if you're plugged in.

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#5 computerhelp26

computerhelp26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:46 PM

ive checked theres no way for the power button on this laptop to get out of place or loose for what i can tell. if i take the battery out and plug the ac cord in it still want start. Why would it not be able to charge my battery though when plugged in also could the cable from the power button to the motherboard have gotten damage and caused this. The laptop should start if the keyboard is bad correct and keyboard wouldnt stop the computer from starting any other ideas would be a help

#6 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,701 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:05 PM

Well. . . this shouldn't make one lick of difference. . . but if you still have the old keyboard. . . try switching them back and see what happens.

Like I said. . . it shouldn't matter, unless HP laptops route their power circuit through the keyboard. . . . which doesn't make sense at all lol. So I'm guessing that this won't help. . . but it's something to try

Posted Image

Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#7 computerhelp26

computerhelp26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:18 PM

i tried to put the old keyboard back in the computer still want turn on im thinking i may have messed up the cable from the power button to the motherboard now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users