Please follow all instructions in order given. If you don't understand a instruction or can't complete an instruction, please Stop
there and post your problem so we can find a solution.1.
One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.
This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information
and download and execute files
I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.
Though the trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall
We can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do.2.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
(v1.32) and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2If you have a previous version of MBAM, remove it via Add/Remove Programs and download a fresh copy.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.
- Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.
On the Scanner tab:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.3.Install Recovery Console and Run ComboFix
- Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop
. Link 1Link 2 Link 3
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.Note:The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you
- Close/disable all anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Refer to this page if you are not sure how.
- Close any open windows, including this one.
- Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
- As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
- If you did not have it installed, you will see the prompt below. Choose YES.
- Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.
Leave your computer alone while ComboFix is running.
- Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:
- Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
- When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the contents of the log (C:\ComboFix.txt).
ComboFix will restart your computer if malware is found; allow it to do so.Note:
Please Do NOT
mouseclick combofix's window while its running because it may cause it to stall.4.
Please download GMER
from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:
- Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
- Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.
-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode
- Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
- Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.
- Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
- Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
- GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)
- If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.
- Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
- When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.
- Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.
- Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.
Things to include in your next reply:
How is your machine running now?