Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox and scanner

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sultrynights

sultrynights

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:58 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I recently switched from IE7 to Firefox. Today I tried to use my epson scanner and it's coming up saying error - make sure scanner is connected to your system. Is this the result of switching to firefox? Is there something I need to change so the scanner will work?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Alex_Computer

Alex_Computer

• Banned
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:38 PM

No, changing to Firefox would not have made a difference while using your scanner. You might can try to reinstall the printer drivers. That might help .

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,693 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:21 PM

Hello,

Since the problem is with your scanner, I am moving this to the external hardware section.

When was the last time you used the scanner?

~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 sultrynights

sultrynights
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:57 AM

Thanks Alex, I don't know much about drivers, though, so I'm not sure how to do that.

Hey OB. Thanks for moving this to the right section.

I had no problem using the scanner with IE7, first time trying it with Firefox was the day I posted here. Thought it might have been the bad weather causing interference, but I tried again yesterday when we had a break in the clouds and it still says error. Could I have something in tools checked (or unchecked) that could interfere with either the scanner or the particular site I'm trying to use it with?

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,693 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:11 PM

I'm afraid I don't understand what you're asking here. I've used scanners in the past on computers that had both IE and Firefox installed, albeit older versions since this was 2006.

What connection does a scanner have with a website? I always thought scanners were used to scan physical documents to create electronic documents, and this is how I've used them before. A website is already an electronic document, so how can you scan it?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#6 sultrynights

sultrynights
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:58 PM

The connection is that I'm trying to scan a document and send it to someone at a particular website....I was asking if it could be some sort of problem that the web site has with firefox because when I scanned the document using IE7 it went through. I'm just not sure if it's a problem on their end or mine, though. I didn't know if maybe firefox had some special setting that I did or did not have checked that could prevent the scanner from working. :thumbsup:

Edited by sultrynights, 23 June 2009 - 12:58 PM.

#7 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:16 PM

So, if I understand you right, there is a website to which you need to upload a scanned document? Did you scan the document directly from a webpage in IE7? That is, did you go to the website and click a button and it would connect to the scanner and grab the document?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users