Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello, Trojan Injector.EL [Moved]

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Cerone

Cerone

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:16 PM

Hello i am new here and i figured i might as well get your guys help Ive been coming here for quite some time just never had a serious enough problem to post.

Here's what i'm finding.

\\?\globalroot\systemroot\system32\MSIV(random letters).dll

c:\windows\system32\SvChost.exe(832)

Now i have searched and i noticed others with this Trojan, i couldn't however see the replies from anyone and i did try and read through all of then thoroughly before posting. I have Malewarebytes, and i have hijackthis. Neither of them are allowed to run whenever i try. Whatever this nasty little bug is doing it disabled my resident shield through avg as well. I am using AVG Free version 8.5.339 with definition update 270.12.76/2183. It will not heal/remove the infections of course. I tried rebooting into an older HD i have that i know works fine and it wouldn't do that either it states that the windows\system32\system file was corrupt or missing, i tried repairing through the repair console but i'm not very learned on that stuff. i do have a some what good back ground in tech and can normally fix my own stuff this one is hurting my head though and any help would be greatly appreciated. as i stated before avg will not remove it and malewarebyte/hijack will not actually run. I will gladly provide any additional info you would need.

Thank you. i hope i can get this stupid crap gone. :thumbsup:

O yea sorry im using Windows XP home (sp2)

Edited by Cerone, 17 June 2009 - 12:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,807 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:43 PM

I am moving this topic from the XP forum to the Am I Infected forum. ~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 Cerone

Cerone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:46 PM

OK sorry about that i apologize.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,762 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:13 PM

Hi and welcome. I think I have a way around this,,
Next Please install RootRepeal

Go HERE, and download RootRepeal.zip to your Desktop.
Tutorial with images ,if needed >> L@@K.
Unzip that,(7-zip tool if needed) and then click RootRepeal.exe to open the scanner.
Next click on the Report tab, now click on Scan. A Window will open asking what to include in the scan. Check all of the below and then click OK.

Drivers
Files
Processes
SSDT
Stealth Objects
Hidden Services

Now you'll be asked which drive to scan. Check C: and click OK again and the scan will start. Please be patient as the scan runs. When the scan has finished, click on Save Report.
Name the log RootRepeal.txt and save it to your Documents folder (it should automatically save it there).
Please copy and paste that into your next reply.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Cerone

Cerone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:29 PM

thank you i am at work at this moment but i will do that immediately once im home this evening. again thank you for your help.

#6 Cerone

Cerone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:28 AM

Ok man here is the rootrepeal.txt for you to view.

ROOTREPEAL © AD, 2007-2009
==================================================
Scan Time: 2009/06/18 00:25
Program Version: Version 1.3.0.0
Windows Version: Windows XP SP1
==================================================

Drivers
-------------------
Name: dump_diskdump.sys
Image Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\dump_diskdump.sys
Address: 0xB87F8000 Size: 16384 File Visible: No Signed: -

Name: dump_nvgts.sys
Image Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\dump_nvgts.sys
Address: 0xB2729000 Size: 151552 File Visible: No Signed: -

Name: MSIVXoruwqxyudorfjytjnkomnglqrrsqtenb.sys
Image Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\MSIVXoruwqxyudorfjytjnkomnglqrrsqtenb.sys
Address: 0xB2928000 Size: 188416 File Visible: - Signed: -

Name: rootrepeal.sys
Image Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\rootrepeal.sys
Address: 0xB03AD000 Size: 49152 File Visible: No Signed: -

Hidden/Locked Files
-------------------
Path: c:\windows\schedlgu.txt

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch\ROOTREPEAL.EXE-01A9C5E4.pf

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSIVXcount

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSIVXpqsmtjyxwbdweirviqrrandmnvsvpkkq.dll

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSIVXtudygkdayblvhkulbqvdltptsrujpjrn.dll

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\MSIVXoruwqxyudorfjytjnkomnglqrrsqtenb.sys

Path: c:\documents and settings\~duo~\local settings\temp\etilqs_7sjs2myicxlbvv7rpmm9

Stealth Objects
-------------------
Object: Hidden Module [Name: MSIVXpqsmtjyxwbdweirviqrrandmnvsvpkkq.dll]
Process: firefox.exe (PID: 3248) Address: 0x10000000 Size: 200704

Hidden Services
-------------------
Service Name: MSIVXserv.sys
Image Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\MSIVXoruwqxyudorfjytjnkomnglqrrsqtenb.sys

==EOF==

If you need any other info let me know.

#7 Cerone

Cerone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:08 AM

Just wanted to mention i noticed its in my drivers on that report, it has knocked out my sound on here too. i haven't noticed any others failing yet though.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,762 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:29 AM

Ok let's get this rotkit out and then run MBAM.

Now the next step...

Rerun Rootrepeal. After the scan completes, go to the files tab and find these files:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\MSIVXoruwqxyudorfjytjnkomnglqrrsqtenb.sys

C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSIVXcount

C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSIVXpqsmtjyxwbdweirviqrrandmnvsvpkkq.dll

C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSIVXtudygkdayblvhkulbqvdltptsrujpjrn.dll

Then use your mouse to highlight it in the Rootrepeal window.
Next right mouse click on it and select *wipe file* option only.
Then immediately reboot the computer.

Next run ATF:
Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
  • If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
  • Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):

NOTE: Before saving MBAM please rename it to zztoy.exe....now save it to your desktop.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2

MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 Cerone

Cerone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:43 AM

Ok so far so good i was able to run all the listed above and delete everything so far, here is the Mbam log file for you. I want to thank you for your help again this is such a headache.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.38
Database version: 2283
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1

6/18/2009 10:37:24 AM
mbam-log-2009-06-18 (10-37-24).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 77301
Time elapsed: 2 minute(s), 7 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 1
Registry Keys Infected: 17
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 6
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 5

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msimg32.dll (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{2e9937fc-cf2f-4f56-af54-5a6a3dd375cc} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{741de825-a6f0-4497-9aa6-8023cf9b0fff} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{cf54be1c-9359-4395-8533-1657cf209cfe} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{147a976f-eee1-4377-8ea7-4716e4cdd239} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{d518921a-4a03-425e-9873-b9a71756821e} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{07b18ea1-a523-4961-b6bb-170de4475cca} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{00a6faf1-072e-44cf-8957-5838f569a31d} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{56256a51-b582-467e-b8d4-7786eda79ae0} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{56256a51-b582-467e-b8d4-7786eda79ae0} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{59c7fc09-1c83-4648-b3e6-003d2bbc7481} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{68af847f-6e91-45dd-9b68-d6a12c30e5d7} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{9170b96c-28d4-4626-8358-27e6caeef907} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{d1a71fa0-ff48-48dd-9b6d-7a13a3e42127} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{ddb1968e-ead6-40fd-8dae-ff14757f60c7} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{f138d901-86f0-4383-99b6-9cdd406036da} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\RunDll32Policy\f3ScrCtr.dll (Adware.MyWay) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer\Schemes\f3pss (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt\&Search\ (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.20,85.255.112.141 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{9ae0f152-42d0-4f32-ad2a-1c4608f51ad2}\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.20,85.255.112.141 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.20,85.255.112.141 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{9ae0f152-42d0-4f32-ad2a-1c4608f51ad2}\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.20,85.255.112.141 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.20,85.255.112.141 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{9ae0f152-42d0-4f32-ad2a-1c4608f51ad2}\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.20,85.255.112.141 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msimg32.dll (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Delete on reboot.
c:\WINDOWS\Tasks\{5B57CF47-0BFA-43c6-ACF9-3B3653DCADBA}.job (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\WINDOWS\system32\MSIVXpqsmtjyxwbdweirviqrrandmnvsvpkkq.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\WINDOWS\system32\MSIVXtudygkdayblvhkulbqvdltptsrujpjrn.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\MSIVXoruwqxyudorfjytjnkomnglqrrsqtenb.sys (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#10 Cerone

Cerone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:14 AM

It killed my driver for PCI Simple communications controller somehow as well as my realtek HD audio which i think i found the driver for already on the realtek site. It also killed some thing called High precision event timer which is now !Yellow! in device manager.

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,762 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:42 AM

You're welcome. we still have a way to go. Malware will do this wreck drivers etc.. If you cannot find the replacement we can help.

Rerun MBAM like this:

Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan.
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.

Next run ATF and SAS:

Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

From your regular user account..
Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..
DO NOT run yet.
Open SUPER from icon and install and Update it
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining
Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.

Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)
Using the F8 Method
Restart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program

NOW Scan with SUPER
Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.
Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.

To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log.
A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
Click Close to exit the program.

Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

#12 Cerone

Cerone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:10 PM

Super Log .txt here

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 06/18/2009 at 12:56 PM

Application Version : 4.26.1004

Core Rules Database Version : 3945
Trace Rules Database Version: 1887

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 00:27:29

Memory items scanned : 187
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 4063
Registry threats detected : 2
File items scanned : 49617
File threats detected : 17

Trojan.Unknown Origin
HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\ColdWare
HKU\S-1-5-18\Software\ColdWare

Adware.Tracking Cookie
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@ad.zanox[1].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@adserver.adtechus[1].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@adultfriendfinder[2].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@apmebf[1].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@banner.fastclickout24[2].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@banner_js[1].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@banner_js[2].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@collective-media[1].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@insightexpressai[1].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@invitemedia[1].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@linotraffic[1].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@oasn04.247realmedia[1].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@specificclick[2].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@specificmedia[1].txt
D:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Cookies\kevin@at.atwola[1].txt
D:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Cookies\kevin@atwola[2].txt
D:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Cookies\kevin@coolsavings[2].txt
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MbamLog.txt here

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.38
Database version: 2304
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1

6/18/2009 12:01:34 PM
mbam-log-2009-06-18 (12-01-34).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 78827
Time elapsed: 2 minute(s), 32 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSIVXcount (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK now to the drivers Ive lost

PCI simple Communications Controller

Realtek High Definition audio- which i thought i found but it didn't work yet, I'll wait on your advice

High precision event timer

i work in a couple hours so I'll check back and re do anything you need later this evening and again man your awesome i couldn't have done this without your help. :thumbsup: :flowers:

#13 Cerone

Cerone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:35 PM

Hooray im a idiot sometime i got everything working computer runs great again. SP2 had been uninstalled sometime during my adventure i didn't notice it. i re installed SP2 and everything came back to life finally. i want to thank you over and over again man. i also want to thank bleeping computer.com for allowing us to come here for help when we need it i plan on staying around and contributing when i can. again thank you.

#14 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,762 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:22 PM

Good job!!

Now you should Create a New Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been backed up, renamed and saved in System Restore. Since this is a protected directory your tools cannot access to delete these files, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:
  • Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
  • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name, then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
  • Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point.
  • Go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
  • Click "Ok". Disk Cleanup will scan your files for several minutes, then open.
  • Click the "More Options" tab, then click the "Clean up" button under System Restore.
  • Click Ok. You will be prompted with "Are you sure you want to delete all but the most recent restore point?"
  • Click Yes, then click Ok.
  • Click Yes again when prompted with "Are you sure you want to perform these actions?"
  • Disk Cleanup will remove the files and close automatically.
Vista Users can refer to these links: Create a New Restore Point and Disk Cleanup.

#15 Cerone

Cerone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:17 PM

Thanks again man i went out of town for a minute i did create restore point and all that. I really do appreciate everything you did for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users