Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Metroid Prime vs. Halo

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Which has better graphics: Metroid Prime (1 or 2) or Halo 1? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Which has better graphics: Metroid Prime (1 or 2) or Halo 1?

1. Metroid Prime HAS better graphics than Halo 1 (7 votes [77.78%])

Percentage of vote: 77.78%

2. Metroid Prime DOES NOT HAVE better graphics than Halo 1 (2 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

3. Metroid Prime HAS EQUIVALENT graphics to Halo 1 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Lanscader

Lanscader

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 03 July 2005 - 08:36 AM

Honestly, guys, I don't want a brand loyalty influence here, and don't vote unless you have a good idea of the graphics of both games (such as owning both of them). Even though the GC has MUCH worse graphics than the XBOX, I think Retro Studios did a very good job of coaxing as much power out of its graphics card as possible, and Bungie...well...didn't.

This is also NOT a poll about game quality in general, just the graphics.

Thanks a bunch,
Lanscader

"Sir Lord Baron von Vader-han?" ~ Eddie Izzard

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Victim_Zero_One

Victim_Zero_One

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:01 PM

Hmm, to be honest... I will have to say that... the graphics for Metroid Prime 1 are a bit better than Halo1. Now, let me explain.

Halo1: Uses a familiar terrain(like snow, grass, dirt - we've all seen this exact stuff in a million other games)
MP1: Uses a mix of familiar and not so familiar kinds of terrain(plus they got the water effects!)

As much as I love Halo1(I'm still playing Halo1 after 3 years straight(I dislike Halo2)) I have to say that, Retro did infact go to the limit for GC Graphics and it turned out awesome. I think the Halo1 textures were just... sort of re-used from many sources. Not that it was bad, just not pushed so far.

Halo2 has better graphics than both, however... but who cares. I still play Linley Henzell's Dungeon Crawl. Ya, that's right. Graphics don't matter.

Edited by Victim_Zero_One, 05 July 2005 - 08:01 PM.

#3 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 06 July 2005 - 03:25 PM

hey a disturbed fan :thumbsup:

i agree with everything you said except about disliking halo 2 :flowers: although halo 1 was better

i have also been playing dungeon crawl how far have you got
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

#4 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 07 July 2005 - 08:03 AM

i have played both and honestly i think that metroid prime has the better grafix... even tho i am a halo freak

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#5 Victim_Zero_One

Victim_Zero_One

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 12 July 2005 - 09:56 PM

I've beaten Dungeon Crawl twice, once with a Troll Berserker and once with a Mummy Fighter. I love how the mummy doesn't need to eat(can't drink potions... oh well, make due), and how the Troll can eat almost anything and regenerates super fast ;)

I find it hard to play as humans especially. Currently I am attempting to beat it with a Draconian Summoner(doing alright... still prefer mummies/trolls, and after I give up on the Draco Summoner... I will likely try a Ghoul Death Knight(I hope) or a Spriggan soemthing(like Assassin, or hunter... something stealthy). If not, Spriggan mage of some kind.

#6 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 13 July 2005 - 11:00 AM

i beat it once with a monk i think it was an elf of somekind cant remember which have you ever tried nethack thats a bit like dungeon crawl
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users