Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

display screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JMAHJTAY

JMAHJTAY

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 03 July 2005 - 07:11 AM

Hi...I need help. I bought my daughter a used Compaq Armada 7790 laptop and it has Windows ME. It works great however, I installed a wireless card and it was successful....but then the other night we had a lightning storm and laptop showed it was not connected. After several hours of trying to connect went to touter instructions and it said to unplug the router for 15 seconds and it worked! But now after me trying and pushing way too many buttons on keyboard her screen is only like 5 inches x 5 inches???? Can someone please try to help me...I feel kind of stupid but probably just a push of a button??? Thanks.

Edited by JMAHJTAY, 03 July 2005 - 07:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 05 July 2005 - 09:02 PM

1. On the Start menu:

* Point to Settings.
* Select Control Panel.

2. In Control Panel:

* Double-click the Display icon.

3. In the Display Properties dialog box, select the settings tab:

* To adjust the screen area and font sizes, select the Settings tab.
Adjust the screen area to 1024x768 or 800 x 600

Or...
By mistake, you may have hit one of the Function keys and a display property.
Some keyboards have a few different display settings to choice from.

I just hope it was a mistake in clicking keys...instead of the lightning storm damaging something.

See if that helps, and let us know.
JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users