Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Apply for HJT training.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 alan2273

alan2273

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:47 PM

I have just retired and would like to learn about HJT so I can eventually help other people out.

How do I apply for the training course.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,701 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:08 PM

Hello alan2273

Here is the link you need http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/86678/malware-removal-training-program/

Also, a little "insider info"

The program stays full pretty often because as quickly as openings become available they are filled (with viable applicants being accepted on a first-come first serve basis as I understand it). The way I got in is to bookmark the thread where the link to apply is (don't bookmark the link itself, as you possibly could run into cache issues) and check the link at least twice a day. It took me about two weeks of checking to get an application in, and then about 5 days after that for my acceptance.

Hope to see you in Study Hall!

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 alan2273

alan2273
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:19 AM

Thank you for your reply.

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:32 PM

Is this possible for anyone to join HJT? I always thought, HJT training is given to people that moderators/admin know personally.

#5 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,701 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:35 PM

Hello Romeo29,

I always thought, HJT training is given to people that moderators/admin know personally.

Not true at all! if you're willing to be diligent in checking for an open application slot, you can get into the training program. Anyone is elegible.

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#6 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:30 PM

As it says in the opening statement, if you're willing to take the courses, you can join, regardless of your computer knowledge (or something to that degree).

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#7 h4hardikonly

h4hardikonly

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:50 AM

Blade thanx 4 info i was looking 4 it thanx again

#8 ksky10081

ksky10081

• Members
  • 63 posts