Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bsod nitemare

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ssaaffcc

ssaaffcc

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:45 PM

hi all,and thanks in advance for any help given.i had a blue scrren of death and took pc to get repaired,when i got it back everything is a lot slower,mostly games.i didnt have a xp disc and as far as i know the boot up is different,and resolution,which i cant change as screen just flickers.my questions are,can i do a system restore without getting bsod again and can i do anything about screen res.and also cant get microsoft updates,i have xp pro srv pack 2,im not very comp literate also.any advice x x x x

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:11 PM

My first thought is I would return it to the shop you took it to, to resolve the issue. Making changes with the advice potentially given here. May negate any possibility of having the shop correct the sub-par work that appears to have been done initally for you.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 ssaaffcc

ssaaffcc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:42 AM

hi,took it back to shop and they gonna charge even more to fix,i now cant download anything as a pop up blocker wont let me and i cant get into internet options to turn off,when i click internet ops it just flashes up and disappears quickly.will it be wise to get a valid windows(didnt know it wasnt when i bought pc)as i cant get updates,i dont even have a tools icon to click.internet is running ok without being able to download,any ideas anyone,thx

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,865 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:34 AM

If it's not a legal/valid install of Windows...there's not much anyone here can suggest, other than to legitimatize the install.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users