Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Musicmatch

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wtrs

wtrs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 03 July 2005 - 02:37 AM

Hello, I am new to this forum. I am no computer expert, but not a total beginner either.
I have been experiencing problems with Musicmatch Jukebox. I had been running ver. 10, when all of a sudden, it quit working (click on it, the intro window shows up, then disappears). I uninstalled 10, and reinstalled the original version 8.2 from the Dell installation CD. It works ok. but slow. I cannot download any music tracks, when I used to be able to.
I tried to upgrade back up to ver. 10, and when I did, I get the same problem - cannot access it or open it up.
I think trouble may have started after a windows auto update. I wonder if some files got messed up or corrupted?
This has been a frustrating experience. Their tech support has answered me a few times with suggestions that do not correct the problem, then they just kind of quit on me.
I liked MMJB 10 when it worked. But now it is useless - anybody else experiencing this problem, or know of something else that will work? I liked their online music store to download tracks, paying only per song without having to pay a subscription fee.
Am using Windows XP Pro sp2 on a Dell 8400.
Thanks for any suggestions/troubleshooting!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ~overkill~

~overkill~

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 19 July 2005 - 08:36 AM

sorry, guy, got rid of mmjb so long ago I almost forgot what it was...ask me, thats the problem in a nutshell. Some of these companies just cant stay on the cutting edge...good installs? Itunes, nero mixer...nero looks the coolest, but can be a pain if you arent online when importing cds, I went for itunes, have had no complaints yet..mine even backs up files to a hd partition in its own quadrant, invisible to all but the best of hackers, so if i have to reformat, i can put all music on another drive then put it back when finished.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users