Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ativa 4GB USB Flash Drive isn't recognized as a drive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Marniae

Marniae

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:00 PM

I bought a new Ativa 4 GB USB flash drive and it is not recognized by me Windows XP as new hardware when I plug it it. Other flash drives will work on my computer, and the flash drive works on other computers. I figure this needs a driver, but I can't find one anywhere, including Ativa's website. I will never buy this brand again, I swear. But I want to make this work. Can anyone help me?

Dell Dimension 2400 with Windows XP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:31 PM

Just to be certain it is not seeing it try this. B)

Right-Click "My Computer" and then Left-Click "Manage". :thumbsup:

Select Disk Management. :)

Look on the right-hand side and see if you have a 4GB hard drive with no letter. :huh:

If you do, Right-Click the drive and select "Change Drive Letter or Path". Give it whatever drive letter you like. :huh:

Now, if it is not shown within Disk Management, you probably have a defective Flash drive. I have had Memorex, Sandisk and PNY go south on me. Some of them will replace it. Some won't.... B)

Good luck.

DR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users