Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Connection works but can't open IE7.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:19 PM

I have a Levono Laptop running Windows XP Profressional that is connected through a LinkSys Router. I decided to remove Norton which only partiially uninstalled. Went to control panel and deleted any other Norton showing in Add and Room and then restarted the computer.

Now I can see that I am connected wirelessly through the LinkSys Router and that I have great connectivity but I can't open up Internet Explorer.

If I go into Safe Mode with Networking, I am able to get online and go right to Internet Explorer.

What do I need to do to fix the computer so I don't have to use Safe Mode to get IE to open.

I hope someone can tell me what I need to do. I am guessing it has to do with flushing the IPConfig but I don't remember how I've done it in the past.

Thanks for any and all help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:07 PM

Start in Safe Mode
Open My Computer
Double click the C drive to open it
Look for any folders named Symantic or Norton
Delete all you find
Open the Programs Files folder
Look for any folders named Symantic or Norton
Delete all you find

A tip on the Linksys router [I have been using one a long time],

If you have the Linksys software installed it is not neccessary & can cause problems.
I installed what came with my router when I got ot & couldn't get online
Uninstall all Linksys software & it works great !
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 tenz

tenz

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:47 PM

Simply deleting the directories you can see will not finish the uninstall. use the norton removal tool

http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgen...005033108162039

This will remove all files, reg entries, services etc...

Run this then see if it works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users