Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer wont power up

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Trigger101

Trigger101

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:08 PM

Hi,
Hopefully someone can help me with this. I have an acer ax1700-u3700a slimline pc. When I push the power button, nothing happens except sometimes the blue LED comes on for a split second and then off again. So I opened up the case and the fan moves for a split second just like the light and doesnt come on. I went out and bought a new power supply and hooked it up and the same thing happens. Tried switching outlets and everything else that I could think of... Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• BC Advisor
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:24 PM

I would start with reseating all connectors/cards/memory in the machine. Once again check for proper power up.

If your computer exhibits the same behavior, I then look for the "blown capacitor" syndrome on the motherboard.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&id=22680

Hope this helps,

Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#3 Trigger101

Trigger101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:07 PM

Ok, just reseated everything and looked for bad capacitors and they all look good... And its still is doing the same thing! :thumbsup:

Edited by Trigger101, 16 June 2009 - 03:08 PM.

#4 Trigger101

Trigger101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:10 PM

Is it a possibility that the motherboard is fried?

#5 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• BC Advisor
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:14 PM

Yes, it is a possibility, but it could also be a possibility that another "piece" of the computer has failed.

IF, you have another processor you can swap out, you can try that and once again try powering on.

If you have any add-in cards ( pci cards ) I would remove them completely and try powering on.

If you have done these two along with replacing the power supply, you chances are very good that the motherboard itself has gone bad and will need replaced.

Good Luck,

Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#6 acwakip

acwakip

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2009 - 11:29 PM

It is likely the video card. I purchased mine on 060609 and had the same issue today. If you remove the video card, it will power up. Best Buy was able to replace my video card with a new one (upgrade). Now I am looking for a better power supply that will be sufficient for my card. The power supply I have is 220W and I need 300W. Which power supply did you purchase?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users