Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cordless kbd and mouse

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bluto

bluto

• Banned
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 03 July 2005 - 01:47 AM

Do not put the transmitter near the power supply.
It's quite easy to put it on top of the case right above it,don't.
Or the monitor.

Edited by bluto, 03 July 2005 - 01:49 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 03 July 2005 - 10:12 AM

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Why can't I put the transmitter wherever I want? Is there a rash of people having problems with their transmitters because they didn't follow your advice?

Why should this post remain here? While I see how it could loosely be called a tip, I can not see in any way how it can be a trick.

#3 Lanscader

Lanscader

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2005 - 10:24 AM

I suspect that some power supplies and monitors may not be sheilded as well as others, and therefore may cause interference with wireless devices. This is simply due to the charged coils in the transformer, and cathode ray emissions.

I believe this post should remain as a tip for those people who are experiencing problems with wireless devices, but I can also see that it would belong in the hardware section.

"Sir Lord Baron von Vader-han?" ~ Eddie Izzard

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2005 - 10:35 AM

At least that explanation makes sense... but I was really asking bluto to clarify his post, not for someone else to do it for him. If you were a novice user, would you have understood that?

#5 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,628 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 03 July 2005 - 10:44 AM

Yeah, this is what I might 've posted a couple years ago:

What transmitter? All I have is a bunch of wires. Can I let them rub up against a box?

It would be a god tip if it was clearly stated.

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

#6 Lanscader

Lanscader

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2005 - 06:53 PM

At least that explanation makes sense... but I was really asking bluto to clarify his post, not for someone else to do it for him. If you were a novice user, would you have understood that?

:thumbsup: Sorry about that.

If I was a novice, I think I would hav been wondering why it shouldn't be by the Power supply or monitor.

Hehe...sorry. Won't happen again (I hope)

"Sir Lord Baron von Vader-han?" ~ Eddie Izzard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users