Hi Silly Vampire,
Please have your friend try to upload the file to a website that scans individual files
using the search engines of many different antivirus companies. Here are the instructions:
Since you know that this file was added to your computer, use whatever means you used before to identify the file's location on your computer, whether that is by simply doing a search of Windows Explorer (if you don't already know where it is), or by looking at a log, if that's where you first noticed that it had been added to the computer. Then go to one of the following two sites. If one is too busy, try the other:
When you go to the link, there will be a small window with a browse button next to it. When you know where the file is located, use the browse button at Jotti or VirusTotal to locate the file on your computer and submit it. It may or may not work, but it would be useful to know if it has been identified as malware by any of the antivirus companies.
Also, it would be a good idea for you to run a rootkit scan
. I recommend using
Please post the result of that scan here.
Finally, I would like to ask you to run an online scan
Note: This scan has to be run with Internet Explorer (not another browser)
Perform an onlinescan with Panda Active Scan 2.0
(please use this scanner instead of any other scanner!)[indent=1]
Panda Online- Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button
- A new window will open...click the Check Now button
- Enter your Country
- Enter your State/Province
- Enter your e-mail address and click send
- Select either Home User or Company
- Click the big Scan Now button
- If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it
- It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)
- When download is complete, click on Local Disks to start the scan
- When the scan completes, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report button
- Save Report and save it to a convenient location.
Post the contents of the Panda scan report together with a new hijackthislog.
When you finish, please post the following
- report from Jotti or VirusTotal
- Gmer log
- ActiveScan log from the Panda online scan
Let me know how this goes?