Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No sound

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fireinthehole

fireinthehole

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:02 AM

I recently just downloaded Realtek High Definition Audio and now it doesn't work. the previous driver I believe was High Defintion Audio. Realtek never really works on my computer. It is a HP A6130N and is there anyway to make it work on my computer because I want to update my sound card. And it doesn't recognize my headphones as well.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• BC Advisor
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:29 AM

Try using the add/remove programs feature to remove all existing Realtek Audio drivers from your system then reboot.

Click http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...product=3436817

These are the HP branded Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers for your computer. When you run the install of these make sure you have administrative privileges to install them by right clicking on the file and using "run as administrator" to install them.

Once finished installing reboot and try your sound again.

Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users