Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Camcorder not recognised

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 benny269

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:05 AM

I have a JVC GR-DX107 camcorder and a large stock of MiniDV tapes full of holiday footage and capturing this to my computer seems to be the hardest trick in the world. I've tried following (almost nonexistent) Help and Support for the instruction manuals, online support page (if you can call it that here) and telephone support ("Its obviously the PCs fault") to no avail.

I know that I am supposed to connect the device first, then let the PC detect new hardware and then follow instructions to search for software from the CD in the drive. I've done this a few times and every time the process completes, it simply detects new hardware and I go through the whole cycle again and at no point does my PC recognise the device for what it is.

The PC runs on Windows XP and I just want to use Windows Move Maker to do some simple editing but I'm being directed to install the included software ImageMixer since I am told that I have to use this software in order to capture any video in the first place. I guess I'll edit it in Movie Maker once I've captured the video but I really just want to keep it simple. I'm not bad with computers so I have tried fiddling with the drivers under Device Manager and the like but I know next to nothing about AV stuff so I don't know.

Help appreciated.

Edited by benny269, 16 June 2009 - 07:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

• 54,989 posts
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:42 AM

Perhaps...the software contains the proper drivers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users