Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hey windows 2000 good ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:07 AM

hey guys i want some thing like windows xp (so i can run xp only programs) but dont want some thing like a system resouce hog like windows xp
so i thought windows 2000
so am here to ask is windows 2000 like a hog like win xp on older computers ???? and will it run most windows xp programs and last is it still support by M$ or is it finshed now like 9x ?
am gonna try ubuntu with wine soon hopfully that be good with my older computer but i heard that wont go so well with winxp only programs

so am planing this ::: windows me on master C:
Ubuntu on slave D:
and windows 2000 on slave (any drive letter and D: will be partitioned
sound goood ??

also i wont ditch windows me as i like it nice and fast and i like to try a linux so why i gonna have so meny OS's

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ZeroHazard

ZeroHazard

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:46 PM

It's great for computers that don't have the resources available to run XP well. Most hardware and software supports Win2k still, though if you plan on using Norton, you're SOL. McAfee & other antivirus progs support 2k, so you're not nekkid online. You won't have all the shiny of XP, but with slow hardware, you'll want to install everything on low-res mode and work up to what you wanna look at. Win2k also has both regedit and regedit32, so you have options for your own personal registry hacks. It was released with all the previous windows utilities, though most of them are not linked from the start menu and you'll have to dig for them in the windows, system, and system32 directories. If something you have doesn't have a specific win2k driver, most of the time the XP driver will work, or there will be a driver for download online.

#3 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:53 AM

ok thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users