Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

video card probs...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ajr8

ajr8

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 02 July 2005 - 08:04 PM

im having trouble with my ati radeon 9200 what happens is ill go in to a simple game such as halo or counter strike ( plz ignor my spelling...it sux) the type of thing that accses direct 3D or open GL and it will let me open all the game menus but once i start playing it eather my video card will shut off like my screen will go completly blank or it will just stop responding i have the newest driver reinstalling it over and over and even some older drivers but nothing seems to be working if you have any sugestions or even recomending a new video card ill be thank full for your time

SPEC. SUMMERY

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180 (IE 6.0 SP2)
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name ANDREW-TEK
User Name Andrew

Motherboard:
CPU Type AMD Athlon XP-A, 2200 MHz (11 x 200) 3200+
Motherboard Name Soyo KT600 DRAGON Plus (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 3 DDR DIMM, Audio, LAN, IEEE-1394)
Motherboard Chipset VIA VT8377 Apollo KT600
System Memory 1024 MB (DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Award (11/03/03)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM2)
Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter RADEON 9200 - Secondary (128 MB)
Video Adapter RADEON 9200 (128 MB)
3D Accelerator ATI Radeon 9200 (RV280)
Monitor Gateway EV500 [15" CRT] (73785151

if you need anyother info email me at XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thanx

Mod Edit: E-mail address was removed for your safety. Please, do not post your E-mail address in an open forum. This could lead to a lot more SPAM in your inbox, then you might want.

Edited by tg1911, 02 July 2005 - 09:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2005 - 10:14 PM

Dear ajr8,

Did you build your computer?

What power supply do you have?

The reason I ask is that I went through the same problem.

I had a bad power supply new! Antec sent me a new one.

Let us know,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#3 ajr8

ajr8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2005 - 10:28 PM

ya i built it
i have a 480W power supply it dosnt hook up directly with the card though...idk what that means but ...ya

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...41439&CatId=106
its exacly like this one by the same company and evrything just mines 480w insted of 450

#4 maj.stiffy

maj.stiffy

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2005 - 10:20 PM

i'm not trying to bash your choice of power supply..but u may really want to stick w/ a more reliable name brand supply like antec or even a good pc power and cooling supply. you may be trying to run your games at settings that the vid card simply cant support. you may want to crank back a few detail settings and maybe even reduce the sound quality a little to see if it helps things at all. i would really check into a better power supply though...cheap power supplys that have a high rating output almost never run as advertised..just my 2 cents though..good luck
maj.stiffy

#5 ajr8

ajr8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2005 - 10:30 PM

ya.. i kno i did thats probably the problem....thanx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users