Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logitech Speaker problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HibsMax

HibsMax

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:33 PM

Hi, Group.

For some reason I no longer get any sound coming from my speakers. I had sound fine last week. I've not installed any software since then. For those of you familiar with the Logitech family of speakers, this set comes with a wired volume control with a headphone jack. When I plug my headphones in I still don't get any sound.

However, if I plug in my USB headset (USB port on front of PC case), I do get sound. I've checked the usual stuff like cables, power, etc. The one fuse I have access to appears to be OK. When I play around with switches on the back of the subwoofer (the switch to switch between mode e.g., stereo, 5.1, etc.) I get a little, hmmmmmmmmm, I can't explain it....I hear a noise through the subwoofer which leads me to believe there is not a problem with power.

I have another PC but it doesn't have a soundcard capable of testing these speakers.

I just installed the latest Realtek High Def Audio software this evening but no joy.

No conflicts show up in the Device Manager.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers, Max

EDIT : Windows XP Professional SP3

Edited by HibsMax, 15 June 2009 - 08:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Widdybear77

Widdybear77

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 07:32 PM

Uhhh oh boy i know this problem.... :thumbsup:

Okay heres what you do.. RealTek actually plays well with Logitek speakers but theres a thing with windows XP and definitely Vista which is not too techy but mainly an annoyance. You actually have to set up your speakers in windows [xp/vista] first then go into the Realtek Deck and start setting them up in there in the options. Can't do it the other way around. Gone are the simple 'Sound Blaster Audigy' days where Sound Blaster found it all for you. Gotta go Manual on this one. If you go to one of the sites for Logitek or Realtek, Logitech will be the one more helpful. Hope this helps...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users