Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System freezes when playing America's Army etc.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Xantalen

Xantalen

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 02 July 2005 - 07:25 PM

Ok I have Windows XP Media Edition 512MB RAM, nVIDIA Ge Force FX 5200, and my problem is that for some reason whenever I play a game with good graphics like America's Army or Battlefield 2 it freezes up after a while. Sometimes I'm able to play for 3 hours and sometimes I can only play for 5min. But for some reason it wasn't always like this. When I first started playing games like America's Army, I didn't have any problems aside from occasional lag. But after a few weeks the freezing thing started. At first I thought it might stop after a while but it didn't. Then I tried defraggin but that didn't help. I finally gave up with that game and deleted it. A few weeks later I started to play the Battlefield 2 demo. I thought that it wouldn't freeze but it did. I began to think it was because of viruses. I did a few scans and got rid of em all. But it keeps happening. Can someone tell me a way to make it stop without spending any money?? I'm so sick of it and I need to find a solution.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 02 July 2005 - 08:07 PM

How many programs do you have running in the background?

Press ctrl/alt/del - click on "task manager" and shut off anything but critical windows programs, your anti-virus program, and your firewall. It would probably be a good idea to create a second account for yourself just for gaming that has no unnecessary programs starting up and is a user account - not an administrator.

How much ram and what size processor do you have?

If you think you were infected at one time it might be a good idea to download and install Hijack This as per the directions given you in the following link, and post the log as directed.

How to get help using Hijack This and get a team memberís assistance:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How...s_Log-t956.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users