Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downloading the website.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 t3s

t3s

• Members
  • 628 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:21 PM

I was just given a project to do: Fixing/upgrading/updating my friends wesbsite.

He used Dreamweaver CS4.

I have Dreamweaver CS4 but How do I setup my dreamweaver like he had his set up? Does that make any sense?

If I change stuff around I want dreamweaver to know what I did so I don't have to upload one file after another and change everything to let it know what I did.

Or am I going to have to start from scratch?

“Technology does not drive change -- it enables change.”
-Unknown

"I'm a cannibal... I eat Crackers"

Hacker != Cracker

website is down until further notice. . . . 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:57 PM

The easiest way to do it (well, from my perspective anyway):

Download the complete website, make your changes to the site, and then upload it again.

If it's only a few small things that you want to change, it is possible to only download what you need, make the changes and upload them again.

I guess the question is what are you looking to do with this website? Also it shouldn't matter if your Dreamweaver isn't set up EXACTLY the same as his, hey, you could even use a completely different program!

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

#3 t3s

t3s
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 628 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:53 PM

I'm probably going to redo the whole thing.

Thanks man.

Haven't used the program since Macromedia. Last I can remember, it had some hierarchy system I didn't feel like messing with.

“Technology does not drive change -- it enables change.”
-Unknown

"I'm a cannibal... I eat Crackers"

Hacker != Cracker

website is down until further notice. . . . 

#4 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:03 PM

if your going to redo the whole thing i would just start from scratch...

put whats on the site already into a folder like "old site" or something similar and upload the new stuff.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users