Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

win xp please help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gademoss

gademoss

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 15 June 2009 - 04:08 PM

i am running win xp pro and my system keeps locking up, but it only seems to lock up when it sits idle. i also am getting an error sound but no messages pop up, i checked my event viewer and out of all the catagories there this is the only 2 errors i get, any help would be great. thanks greg.

The PctrlsInjectService service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the path specified.

Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for {C631DF4C-088F-4156-B058-4375F0853CD8} and it will not be loaded. This is most likely caused by a faulty registration.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:06 PM

Do you have the following program installed?

http://www.paretologic.com/products/pgsurfer/

I can't help with that second item, Group Policy doesn't apply to XP Home (what I have installed).

Since you have Pro installed, Group Policy applies...see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216358/EN-US/

Louis

#3 gademoss

gademoss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:40 PM

i did at one time months ago have surfer installed but it was removed and had no problems afterword. the link you sent makes no sense to me, any other help would be great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users