Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RivaTuner has no customize button

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DeadPoet4444

DeadPoet4444

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:46 AM

Hi, I've been trying to overclock my video card so that I can improve performance on the Sims 3. I have an ATI Radeon x1250 video card, Catalyst 9.1 and I'm trying to use RivaTuner v2.24. Where it says Driver Settings it has no customize button at all. It says Catalyst 7.4 is detected but I'm not sure if that's a problem because people said online that was normal for it to detect the wrong version. I reinstalled the catalyst software originally because I thought that was the problem and before I reinstalled it, it said it was detecting Catalyst 8.9. I found someone online saying to change a line in the cfg file for another version of RivaTuner but I tried it and it didn't fix the problem. Is there anything else to try?

Thanks,
Lara

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:29 PM

" Radeon x1250"

That is onboard video , correct ?
[Either a laptop or deskyop without a actual video card installed ?]

I don't think you're going to be able to OC that.

The problem is onboard video uses system memory.
If you try to OC just the video the video memory needs to be OC'd to keep up.
That isn't possible with onboard video simply because it uses system memory & the video has no actual memory of it's own.

The only possibility of OCing onboard video is if you can OC the CPU which should automatically increase the onboard video/memory in proportion
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 DeadPoet4444

DeadPoet4444
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:32 PM

Lara

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users