Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hotmail Plus.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TerenceM

TerenceM

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:50 AM

Hello BC,

I have been trying to send a video file (49.6 MB) as an Email attachment without success, using my Windows Live account.
A message appeared saying the file was too large and suggested I download HotMail Plus.

I have tried to resolve the situation via Googling HotMail Plus Download,but my SpyBot S&D Resident went crazy!!

Is there a secure download for Hotmail Plus that will allow me to send such large files?

Many thanks,

TerenceM.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:01 AM

Unless you really want to spend your money purchasing Hotmail Plus, use YouSendIt

You can use the Lite (free) version. You will have to set up an account to use the service. The receipient will receive a notice from YouSendIt letting him/her know you sent the file and it is available for download.
Let the receipient know that you will be sending him/her something using YouSendIt so he/she won't think it's spam.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 15 June 2009 - 08:03 AM.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,563 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:57 PM

Even if you were able to download/upgrade Hotmail Plus it costs $19.95/yr. It also is not able to send the file size you have a requirement for. "Send files up to 20 MB, twice that of regular Hotmail.

Your best and most cost concious method, is to utilize a file hosting service such as what Q-E has linked you to.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 TerenceM

TerenceM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:44 AM

Hi Queen Evie and Animal,
Thank you for the advice, I have downloaded YouSendIt for future projects.
HotMail Plus would not have been suitable anyway.

Regards,

TerenceM.

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:29 PM

Good catch by Animal on the size limit. I have to admit that I didn't check that out-all I did was verify that Hotmail Plus is the paid version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users