Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thumb not shown in program interfaces

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 masaro

masaro

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:13 PM

As the title suggest, with any programs I'm using (except win explorer, and the web) all the thumbs in the interface are shown as broken link. Below the thumb issue is circled in red:
Corel Draw X4
Attached File  2.jpg   21.32KB   18 downloads
Attached File  3.jpg   19.82KB   11 downloads
Corel painter X
Attached File  1.jpg   83.63KB   9 downloads

Those are some of the screen shots I've snapped but I assure you this problem is not limited to the Corel prog.s It is causing havoc for me since some program interfaces would have pic buttons to close those auto start up screens or pop ups yet it is really difficult for me to locate them since there aren't even a broke link for me to clue in that there is a button there.

I suspect it is something to do with missing system files....I'm not too techy with computers, any helps is much appreciated!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:07 AM

Go Start > Run and type "regsvr32 shmedia.dll".
Go Start > Run and type "regsvr32 shimgvw.dll".
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 masaro

masaro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2009 - 04:15 AM

Budapest: didn't work...I mean I got a successful message after typing the command, but the thumbs are still showing up as broken link in program interfaces.

#4 masaro

masaro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:10 AM

Sorry I am still in need of help with this situation....anybody?

Thanx in advance

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:19 AM

Try the fix at Kelly's Korner.

Restore Thumbnail Views in XP - #17 on the right.

With any fix like this you should create a new restore point and backup the registry first. For backing up the registry I like to use ERUNT.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users