Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I delete X1AHCCP_EN

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 itsmecathys

itsmecathys

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:50 PM

I was cleaning my system and found a folder named "New Folder" on my C:\ I copied it to my external hard drive. I was wondering if it is safe to delete it off my laptop which is XP Porfessional. My desktop is XP Home. From what I understand X1AHCCP_EN is an XP HOME upgrade? When I bought my laptop it had XP on installed and I purchased XP Professional and installed it. (this was back in 2004) The date on the folder in question is 12.6.2004. I'm not sure how this "new Folder got there, I don't remeber. Thanks for any help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:50 PM

The cautious fellow I am, I would say to copy it off somewhere safe, remove it or rename it, and after you get tired of looking at the saved off copy with some other name and nobody complains about it not being found, delete it.

You did not say if there way anything under there or not. I think it is the XP Home SP1 update, but I am not using HOME so I can't say for sure.

I think anything called "New Folder" means whoever created it never used it or forgot to delete it.

I've got a copy of Windows 2000 (WINNT) on my secondary hard drive (renamed). Someday I really should just whack it!

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users